Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 235, August 6

I've been known to be a tifle naughty.  There was the time that I told everyone in our ward that our 80 year old friend Dorothy had taken up dancing at Hooters to make some "pin money."  There was the time I told everyone that my sister had put herself through school by pole dancing. 

Then there was the time that I told friends that our father had suffered a case of amnesia and had had a love child.  (Really there was a good excuse for that one:  my sister and I were with her six-foot plus son who looked way too old to be her son and my nephew, so I had to quickly think of a reason why he looked like us and came up with the idea that he was our father's "wrong-side-of-the-blanket child."  My father was with us at the time and just smiled.  I don't think he heard me._

Finally, there is right now when I tell everyone who knows my sister that she has seven lovers.  It's all right.  She's a widow.

Gem for the day:  if you're going to be naughty, do it with a smile.

1 comment: