Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 6, May 25

Do you ever look in the mirror and wonder whose face is staring back at you?  I have.  I stare at my reflection and blink in surprise.  When did my right eye start to droop every so slightly?  And when did my nose develop that delicate hook at the tip?  Were my ear lobes always so fleshy?

Would a change of makeup help?   What about Botox?  Would that help my drooping eye?  Was it time for a nip-and-tuck?  Or was it past time?

And what about those lines that fan from the corners of my eyes and bracket my mouth?  When had they deepened to resemble the Grand Canyon rather than a modest arroyo?

I am trying to come to terms with the changes in my face.  I tell myself that I earned the wrinkles, that they reflect a lifetime of feelings, thoughts, and work.  Still, I'm not ruling out Botox!


No comments:

Post a Comment