Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 12, May 31

Do you wake up in the middle of the night dripping with sweat?  I do.  I feel like I've run a marathon, panting, trying to get my breath.  My legs stage a battle with the covers, as I struggle to cool down.

Hot flashes can turn the mildest, most gentle of women into a crazy shrew.  Some years ago, I confronted my husband and told him that either he pay for an air-conditioner or that I was doing away with him and using the insurance money to buy an AC on my own.  Wisely, he ordered the air conditioner.  When the technician came out to the house to install it, my husband (bless his stupid heart) said, "The wife is old and hot."

I was so thankful to have air-conditioning that I relented from killing him then and there

I have been known to threaten anyone who touched the thermostat at home.  I keep my car at a pleasant 60 degrees and shoot daggers at anyone foolish enough to mess with it.

I've often thought that the United States should send menopausal women to fight the war in the Middle East.  Take us out of our air-conditioned comfort and we will be the fiercest force the world has ever seen.  Pity the Taliban when faced with women who are flashing.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, but Muslim women also flash. Imagine flashing in a burka!

    ReplyDelete