Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 9, May 28

I can handle, mostly,  being thought of as older, less attractive, less of so many things.  What really bothers me, though, is being less interesting.  People take a look at me, mentally file me into the middle age category, and, at the same time, regard me as no longer interesting.

The fact is, I feel I grow more interesting as I grow older.  My experiences are broader, my outlook more mature, my sense of humor sharper.  But those things are not particularly valued.

My eyelids droop, my breasts sag, and my thighs wobble.  Okay.  I accept that.  But does that mean I am no longer capable of carrying on a conversation, that my opinions are out of date, that my 'interesting quotient" took a nosedive along with my nipples?

No.

Now if only I could convince others of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment