Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 76, August 3

A few days ago I wrote about Lady Clairol.  Lady Clairol and I have become intimate friends; in fact, we're on a first name basis.  I call her "Lady" and she returns the favor by referring to me as Jane.

We meet about once a month.  In years gone by, our meetings took place only every three or four months.  However, stress, age, and global warning have turned our acquaintanceship into an on-going affair.

When I've waited too long before getting together, she greets my gray roots with a sigh of disapproval. 

L.C. : You know you can't wait more than four weeks before we get together.

Me:   (Shamefaced)  I know.

L.C.:  Your roots are screaming to be covered.

Me:  I know.

L.C.  Let's not wait so long  before we meet again.

Me.  Okay.

Lady Clairol and I.  If not a match made in heaven, we're at least bosom buddies.



2 comments:

  1. At least you don't use the Lady Clairol that makes you one the the "blue haired" ladies. My Grandma Rokah had blue hair that was soft and fine and she would let me and my siste style it......I now realise she was only about my age now when this was going on.......

    ReplyDelete