Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 138, October 8

As a young mother, I was always nagging my kids.

Eat your vegetables.
Do your homework.
Brush your teeth.
Go to the bathroom before we leave for church


And then there were the don'ts.

Don't run with scissors.
Don't stick your elbow in your brother's ear.
Don't write on the walls with indelibile marker.

Now, my children are gone, but I'm still a nag.  My husband is the current target, and  I had to adapt my nagging to a more subtle form:

Did you take your blood pressure medicine?
Did you take your diabetes medicine?
Did you remember to set the alarm?
Did you take out the trash?
Did you sign the birthday card for your father?

And so it goes.

Gem for the day:  don't be ashamed of your nagging.  Without a mother's (or wife's) nagging, the world would cease to rotate.

1 comment: