Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 153, October 23

Life is made up of trade-offs.  We trade one thing for another.  Some of my trade-offs have been good.  Some, not so good.  Take for example, trading thinness for love of food.  Not so good.

Other trade-offs have been better.  My husband and I traded staying out of debt for a modest home.  We traded my staying at home with the children for less money.  We traded paying tithes and offerings for the same.

I know--you're thinking, well, big deal, Jane.  None of these are particularly surprising or revealing.  Where's the punch?  I guess I don't have a punchline today.  Just the reflection that by the time a woman reaches menopause, she is seeing what her trade-offs have gotten her.

Gem of the day:  be careful of the choices you make today because they will come back to bless--or haunt--you.

No comments:

Post a Comment