Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 152, October 22

A week or so ago, I wrote about potty parity, or, in other words, the dirty trick that nature and architects played upon women.  While women wait twelve-deep in a line to use the facilities at any sports, social, or cultural event, men zip in and zip out.  Unfair!

Don't get me wrong. I do not, I repeat, not, suffer from the particular envy that some women suffer from.  I don't want to be a man.  No way.  I like being a woman.  But I sure do envy the ease with which men can take care of business.  Anywhere.  Anytime.

So why can't architects and building planners take into account women's needs when it comes to restrooms?  We need more room.  We need more stalls.

The rebel in me has often been tempted to lead a charge into the men's restroom at public events and shout, "Zip up and get out.  The women are here."

Gem for the day: unless you can write your name in the snow, you're stuck waiting in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment