Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 16, June 4

A week or so ago, we talked about breasts.  It occurred to me that I had shorted them in attention. Breasts play an important part in a woman's life.  As teenagers, we want them to be bigger.  (Oh, how I wanted a bigger bustline in those years.)  As young mothers, we want them to have plenty of milk with which to feed our babies.

In menopause, breasts grow incasingly sensitive.  If a woman takes hormones, her bresats become even more tender.  Add a husband who likes to come up behind you and squeeze "the girls" and you have a  recipe for disaster.  Or at least a black eye on the husband's part.

No, I haven't ever blackened my husband's eye (though heaven knows he's given me plenty of reason to), I did once inadvertantly give him a good elbow to the face when he startled me with with a surprise squeeze.  The resulting pain resulted in my elbows flying back.

My girls and I have made peace with each other.  They have finally reached a respectable size, never mind that they sag.  Now, if only I can convince my husband that they need to be treated with respect!





1 comment:

  1. I have a visual of Larry grabbing your girls in my mind ......it won't go away.....to funny

    ReplyDelete