Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 22, June 10

A couple of days ago, I wrote about my hip replacement surgery.  It involved several sets of X-rays.  The first time I looked at an X-ray I noticed two large globe-like things hanginig down.  I almost asked the doctor, "What the hell are those?"  Then it came to me:  They were my ass.

Yes, I said ass.  Two such big things do not deserve the kinder appelation of bottom, rear, or posterior.  I was looking at my ass, two lazy globs of fat, just hanging around for no good reason except to give me a cushiony thing to sit on.

Thank heavens, I stopped myself in time from revealing my stupidity to the doctor and sparing him the embarrassment of answering.    Though I knew my rear was on the large size, I didn't realize quite how humungous it was.  It was a humiliating and enlightening expereince.

So, there it is.  My brand new hip has a huge ass to go along with it.  I knew I should have asked for a complete overhaul.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but now with your new hip you can at least haul ass!

    ReplyDelete