Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 40, June 28

My granddaughter, Reynna, my daughter, Alanna, and I span the years of womanhood.  Reynna at 12, Alanna in her 30s, and me--let's just say that we cover it all. 

Reynna is just beginning the hormonal cycle; Alanna has it all figured out.  Then there's me, who has no hormones.  It's one of life's inequities.  We spend much of our life getting used to having hormones.  Once we've conquered that, we get to pat ourselves on the back for getting it right (at last).  Finally, we have no hormones and we wonder why we feel like crap.

I am adjusting, slowly, to my new stage in life.  Just as I did at 13, I'm trying to get it right.  The only problem is, this time the learning curve is steeper and I'm that much slower.

Hormones are like men:  you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment