Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 29, June 17

Well, we've discussed stomachs and thighs, breasts and eyes.  But we haven't talked about necks.   What is there about age and necks?  Even if a woman has her face "done," she is stuck with the neck nature bestowed upon her.  Of course, there is liposuction to take away lumps of fat in the neck, but it's expensive and painful.  And what about the wrinkles that collect there faster than the IRS collects what it considers its due?

Necks are especially vulnerable to wrinkles as the skin there is thinner and more delicate than on other parts of the body.  Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing multiple strands of necklacess, as I count the wrinkles that circle my "swan-like neck."

In truth, my neck was never swan-like.  It verges on the stumpy side.  I suppose this is to go along with my lumpy body.  (I always did like a good rhyme.)

So, I invest in scarves and try to keep my chin up.  (That's a story for another posting, my double chin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment