Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 20, June 8

Yesterday I wrote about THE TALK and mentioned hair growing where it has never before grown. 

I know several sweet ladies who are losing their hair.  Increasingly large bald spaces show on their heads.  On the other hand, I know ladies who have hair growing where it shouldn't grow.  Myself included.

If you've read my other blog, you may remember my talking about a hair that sporadically appears on my left cheek.  It hibernates for weeks, months, maybe even a year, then appears fully grown, two feet long, flapping with each turn of my head.   Attempts to pluck it or cut it out prove elusive.  This may have something to do with my failing eyesight.  When I go to eradicate it, it disappears.

As I think about it, maybe this recalcitrant hair is always there and I simply can't see it.  Horrrors.  Could I really be going around with a two foot long hair hanging off my face?

Yes, The Big M has done many things to me.  If only a two foot hair were the worst of it.


2 comments:

  1. I've never noticed any 2 foot monstrosities. I think most of us, for better or worse, are too wrapped up in our own (fill in the blank here with what's appropriate, like facial hair, children, work stress, etc.) to notice too many things like that. Anyone who does regularly notice such things really needs some more responsibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lovely daugher HBA - has started on the path to a "brazilian" I might be next in line!!!

    ReplyDelete