Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 47, July 5

Have you ever noticed that workout clothes are designed only for women who do not need to work out?  Several years back, my daughter Alanna and I made a pact to meet at the gym each morning.  Alanna arrived, cute and perky, in a jogging bra and spandex shorts.  I arrived, uncute and decidedly unperky, in a baggy shirt and equally baggy pants.  Together, we rode the bikes, sweated on the treadmill, and pushed weights.

Alanna's workout clothes proclaimed "I'm young, I'm fit, I'm beautiful."  Mine proclaimed "Over the hill and trying to deny it."

And have you figured out VICTORIA'S SECRET?  If not, I'll let you in on it.  Come on, lean in closer.  Here it is:  VICTORIA'S SECRET is that women over 21 can't wear her clothes.  I'd amend that to include that women who are larger than a size 4 can't wear her clothes.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

We menopausal women would be more likely to work out if we didn't have to resort to wearing our husband's T-shirts and pants in order to find clothes that fit!

While I wait for designers to catch on, I'm going to indulge in a piece of cheesecake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment