Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 49, July 7

I have never been a fan of soap operas, or, more politically correct, daytime dramas.  However, their titles have always intrigued me. With the graying of America, it seems we might rename some of the soaps to make them more relevant.

Take, for isntance, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL.  What about THE WRINKLED AND THE WIZENED in its place?  THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS might more aptly be called THE OLD AND THE SEDENTARY.  And GENERAL HOSPITAL?  I'm thinking GENERAL HOSPICE. 

What about you?  Do you have a favorite soap you'd like to rename?  Use your imagination.  Could DAYS OF OUR LIVES become DAZE OF OUR MINDS?  Once you get started, this is a great way to pass the time.

Indulge me with one more:  ALL MY CHILDREN could be ALL MY CHILBLAINS. 

Okay.  I'll stop.  I'm getting silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment