Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 48, July 6

Have you reached the "ma'am" stage?  I reached it some time ago.  Being a "ma'am" means you are treated with a kind of deferential respect.  I'd appreciate that more if that deferential respect didn't contain a look of pity as well.  The pity comes from the other person's acknowledgment that you are past your prime.

Actually, my prime was past eons and eons ago, but once more, I digress.

We "ma'ams" need a boost every now and again.  My sister related, with a kind of embarrassed pleasure, that a man had tried to pick her up upon a recent trip to Las Vegas.  I congratulated her and told her she "still had it." 

Unfortunately, not all of us get that kind of boost.  I don't "still have it" and am resigned to relying on my underwire bra for any boost in my life.  Come to think of it, that's not all bad.   I can take my bra off and let it and the girls have a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment