Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 52, July 10

In the Mormon Church, we have classrooms for nursery aged children, Primary children, youth (ages 12-18), and men.  We even have Relief Society for the women.  However we have no classrooms for MMWs (menopausal Mormon women).
I am feeling more than a little aggrieved at this.  Why are there no classrooms for the MMWs?  Could it be that we are once more being discriminated against?  I hate to think so, but the evidence says otherwise.

I can picture the classrooms now:  they will, of course, be tastefully appointed with a cluster of comfortable chairs; a chocolate fountain will be available, complete with tasty tidbits with which to dip in the chocolate; and, most importantly, the temperature will be set to a constant 62 degrees.  (I wanted to make it 60 degrees, but I bowed to pressure from those women who don't run as hot as I do.)

MMWs, make your voices heard.  Band together and storm your bishop's office.  For those of you who aren't Mormon, go to your ecclesiastical leader and make your wishes known.  Don't forget:  together, we can do anything.

2 comments:

  1. No one is happy with the temperature in the RS room. I suggest a (self) service project where we knit and crochet lap blankets and shawls for those who are cold, and make fans for those who are hot. Probably not radical enough, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, this MMW is assigned to the nursery.......it's wicked hot in there with a bunch of active little ones...............I suffer so, but am sure that my "stint" in nursery will count toward time I'm condemned to serve in HELL......

    ReplyDelete