Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 163, November 2

You're learning all my secrets.  My goofiness.  My selfishness.  My everything else-ness.  That's all right.  I'm getting so forgetful any more that it's all right if I spill my secrets because I'd probably blab them unknowingly anyway.

Well, here's another one:  I have a sweet tooth.  I love all things sugar:  chocolate, cheesecake, apple pie, pumpkin roll, blueberry muffins, French toast, waffles smothered with whipped cream, and a host of other things that Dr. Oz says we should avoid like the plague.

I've never thought that last made much sense as I've never encountered the plague, so how would I know how to avoid it?  And why is he comparing the above delights to such a heinous thing as the plague?  I don't tend to take him very seriously.  You have to wonder about a grown man who runs around in his scrubs on national TV.  I figure he has identity issues.

You're probably thinking:  well, Jane, your sweet tooth is no secret.  We see its effects--on your stomach, on your thighs, on your booty, and everywhere else.

Gem for the day:  if you avoid sugar like the plague, you're probably not friends with me.  Your loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment