Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 166, November 5

Are you as weary as I am of political ads telling women how they should feel?  We're told how we should feel about contraception, abortion, and any number of other private matters.  Because I have a rebellious streak (really it's more than a streak; it's all through me), I resent having someone else telling me how I should feel. 

With many decades under my belt (and my chin), I have had time to figure out how I feel about things.  Especially intimate matters.  I don't need or want a politician speaking for me.  I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself.  So when I hear that I should be outraged over one candidate's position on birth control, I want to ask "Are you talking about the missionary position or a different one?"

I know, that's really naughty of me.  What can I say?  Too long without estrogen.

Gem for the day:  if someone tells you what you ought to feel, tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment