Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 169, November 8

I'm an underachiever.  Always have been.

Take reading:  I only read "20 Shades of Gray."  I couldn't handle all fifty.  To tell the truth, I got de-sausted.  All those positions and activity.  A woman's got to be a lot more flexible than I am to handle that.

Then there was my attempt at cooking.  I was going to be like Julie of "Julia and Julie" and cook my way through "The Joy of Cooking."  The trouble was, I don't find any joy in cooking.

And let's not forget my ill-fated foray into sewing.  Who knew that you had to iron when you sewed I don't believe in ironing.  All that steam takes the curl right out of my hair.

Well, there you have it.  The life of an underachiever.

Gem for the day:  take a walk on the low road.  It's a lot more comfortable than the high one.  Of course, it's also more crowded.

2 comments:

  1. If you want, I'll read the other 30 shades to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally made me laugh and Dad's response as well.

    ReplyDelete