Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 171, November 10

There are some who will tell you that I have an off-beat sense of humor.  They'd be right.  My sense of humor does not always match that of others. 

Take yesterday.  My husband, AKA The Wretch, and I were taking a walk through the neighborhood.  Really, it's more of a plod as that's as fast as I can move.  We came upon some men doing street work.  One poor man had the inutterably tedious  job of holding the sign that read "Slow" on one side and "Stop" on the other. 

He looked so terribly bored that I walked up to him and asked, "Does that sign (turned to the "Slow" side)  refer to us?"  I gestured to my husband and myself, two people well into middle age. 

He gave me a bemused look.  (I get that a lot.)  "Uh, no."

"Good," I answered with a cheery smile.

We walked away.  I could feel his stare on the back of my neck.  I'm sure he was more than a bit confused at a strange woman accosting him in this way.  If he knew some of my other antics, he'd probably have run in the opposite direction. 

"Am I weird?" I asked my beloved.

"No.  You're just mildly eccentric."

Is it any wonder I keep him around?

Gem for the day:  march to the beat of your own drummer.  And, if you don't have one, do a little rat-a-tat-tat in you head, then march to that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment