The other night, my husband came home with some upsetting news about his job. We'll be fine--it just means a bit of belt-tightening for a while. Now I don't mind tightening my belt, but it's on the last notch as it is. (That's a story for another day.).
In the spirit of being supportive, I decided I'd better look into a way to make some quick money. Following are some of the things I've come up with:
- Starring in an adults-only films. (At 61, I'm very, very adult.)
- Taking phone sex calls. (I can put my voice to use--maybe it'll sound throaty, instead of croaky.)
- Penning a soft porn/fantasy novel. (Soft porn being a story where the man cleans behind the refrigerator, scrubs the toilet, and mops the floor--that's why they call it fantasy.)
- Working at Hooters. (Surely the famous restaurant has need of a geriatric waitress with an artificial hip.)
And, my favorite:
- Being a taster at a Krispy Kreme donut shop.
Gem for the day: Just finished applying at Hooters. If you can't climb onto a chair, then onto a table without assistance, they don't want you. Do you think I can sue for age discrimination?