Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 182, November 21

My husband, aka The Wretch, tells me that I have not fully thought through my decision to become a survivalist (see yesterday's post).  He points out (rightfully so) that I do not like the great outdoors.  I do not camp.  I do not hunt.  I do not fish.  I do not, when answering a call of nature, like to use a tree and then leaves for that very important necessary "paperwork."  He also pointed out that I am a stickler for good grammar and would be put off by a bumper sticker that is poorly written and punctuated.

I hate it when he's right.

I'm a city girl and proud of it.  If God had wanted me to be a camper, I'm certain He would have made the entire thing a lot cleaner.  However, I do like the IDEA of being a survivalist and to that end, I've decided to be my own kind of one. 

I will wear a plaid shirt, but I'll carry a designer purse with it.  (What designer best goes with the lumberjack look?)
I will have a bumper sticker, but I'll make certain that it has proper grammar.
I will probably not drive a big-ass truck as I'm afraid it will be too difficult to haul my own big ass into it, but I will put mud on the fenders of my Buick.

Gem for the day:  before announcing your attention to become a survivalist, make sure you've thought it through.  It's embarrassing to have to un-announce it.

1 comment:

  1. I've read through your last several posts and I'm laughing, especially about you being a survivalist. I'm with Dad on this one. :)

    ReplyDelete