Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 103, September 3

Menopause, bless its soul, is no discriminator of persons.  It attacks all women, regardless of race, religion, or economic status.   At times, I have tried to buy it off, to bribe it to go away.  I have even given it names of people whom I don't like, to cast its nasty spell over them.

Alas, the Big M refused to depart.  It nested in my deteriorating mind, took up residence in my sagging breasts, found its way into my thickening middle, and made friends with my wobbly thighs.  In short, it would not budge.

I have worked to make peace with menopause.  Mostly, we rub along pretty well.  I try to ignore her; she refuses to be ignored.  And we agree that we might as well get along 'cause ain't neither of us going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment