Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 120, September 20

This is a different kind of post, less biting and more reflective.  (I do have my moments.) 

The oither day I read an article about aging beautifully.  It reminded me of an old southern saying, "Pretty is as pretty does."  Perhaps you've heard of it, as well.

Like many adages, this one holds a lot of truth.  A few weeks ago, I had the experience of watching a television special on Mormonism.  A former member of the Church spoke about her feelings (negative) about her one time membership in the Church.  It made me sad.  She had given up a "pearl of great price" for worldly pleasures. 

Afterward, I heard many people describe her as beautiful ... but I couldn't see any beauty.  All I saw was an overly made-up woman justifying her selfish choices.

Menopause strips us of many of our youthful beauties and vanities.  One thing it doesn't have to strip us of, however, is our faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment