Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 121, September 21

It's been said that, in our twenties, we have the face nature has given us and that, by fifty or so, we have the face we've earned.   I don't know about you, but for me, that's downright scary.  Good grief.  Did I really earn sunken eyes, a hooked nose, and jowly cheeks?  What sin did I ever commit that was so terrible as to merit this?

Well, there was the time that I put a curse on my ex daughter-in-law.  And then there was the time that I nearly got in to a fist fight with a woman who was taking advantage of my elderly father.  But, really, were those so bad?  I was defending my family, as women have been doing for generations.

I took the chance of looking in the mirror (something I usually avoid) and had to conclude that they (my sins) must have been heinous indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment