Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 106, September 6

I don't believe in ironing.  There.  I said it.  I don't iron.  Such an admission is practically anit-American.  At the very least, it is anti-Mormon.  Good Mormon women iron. 

This does not bother me much as I never claimed to be a good Mormon woman.   Don't get me wrong.  I have admiration for all those women who practice the art of ironing.  However, I have good reasons for not ironing.  If I ironed all the wrinkles out of my clothes, it would only emphasize the wrinkles in my face, neck, and arms. 

I figure God gave me those wrinkles for a purpose.  (I'm still waiting to find out what it is.)  In the meantime, I need to honor that by making certain my clothes match the rest of me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't iron either. At least, it's very rare. Like once-a-quarter rare. And then it's only for special cases. On the bright side, I attend church much more regularly (in un-ironed clothes).

    ReplyDelete