Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 130, September 30

"I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my
doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising.
I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour but, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over."   (Found in an email)


I can totally relate to the above.  I lived through the Jane Fonda era where we were all supposed to wear leotards (in horizontal stripes, no less), tights, and leg warmers.  Jane carried the outfit off with panache.  I looked like a Glamour don't.

Leotards are not made for women who have hips.  Or breasts.  In fact, they are not made for anyone who weighs more than one hundred and two pounds.  If they aren't pulling at the neck, they're giving you the wedgie from hell.  And who can exercise when you're constantly pulling spandex out of your butt?

Give me sloppy sweats, an oversize t-shirt, and I'm good to go.  (To Baskin-Robbins, that is.)

1 comment:

  1. It baffles me why so many women persist in wearing immodest clothing. How many of us really can pull that off? Well, once we manage to get it on!

    ReplyDelete