Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 205, July 7

Once again, the Menopause Monocler took some days (as in 6 months) off.  But she's back.  And does she have some observations for you.

The other day I was channel surfing and came upon a talk show where the topic was turning back the hands on time on our faces.  (That's going to be a whole lot of turning in my case.)  The big news was using sheep placenta to restore youthful glow and firmness.

Really?  Sheep placenta?

The host did not say where we would get such placenta, and I had visions of my wrestling some more unsuspecting pregnant sheep to the ground, (gently) inducing labor, and then making away with her placenta.  After all, what was she going to do with it?  Bury it in the ground and plant a tree over it?

That begs the question, what do I do with said placenta?  I assume that I would slap it on my face, wait for it to do its magic, then scrub my face until it was raw to get all that blood and guck off.  Seems like that would defeat the whole purpose of restoring oils and nutrients to my prune like skin.

Gem for the day:  if someone suggests you use sheep placenta on your face, ask them who's going to go get it.

1 comment:

  1. When you said that it was supposed to firm and tone today, I wanted to reply that there are other areas that need firming and toning much more than my face. I just couldn't say it in front of Mark...lol!

    ReplyDelete