Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 210, July 12

The heat makes me cranky.  Really, just about anything these days makes me cranky, but, what the hell, it's July so I'm blaming the heat. 

Those of you who also suffer from heat induced crankiness may relate when I tell you the story of the thermostat wars in our church.  A certain element (including me) likes the thermostat set to meat-locker-coolness.  Another element prefers the thermostat set to broil-a-chicken temperature. 

Each Sunday one lady will surreptitiously turn down the thermostat.  Along comes another lady who sets it back up.  It would be comical if it weren't for those of us whose temperatures are plummeting then rising then plummeting again.  

Gem for the day:  if you're cold in church, wear a sweater.  There's a limit to what the rest of us can take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment