Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 206, July 8

I seem obsessed these days with restoring my skin to its once youthful firmness and glow.  This has been prompted by several events--the TV show I mentioned yesterday with its sheep placenta, being bombarded with ads for every cream under the sun, and, finally by The Wretch's comments that I had officially entered geezer-dom.  (Is it any wonder I refer to him as The Wretch?)

I've tried my own restoratives and hit upon what I think is a winner.  Crisco.  Yes, good, old-fashioned Crisco.  Slather it on your face at night and you'll have skin as soft as a baby's behind in the morning.  Of course, you'll ruin your pillowcases and sheets, but, after all, sacrifices must be made in the name of beauty.

Gem for the day:  Crisco (I buy the dollar store stuff) is a hell of a lot cheaper than raising your own sheep to get that placenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment