Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 226, July 28

You might have noticed that I have firm feelings regarding a few subjects.  Well, truthfully, I have firm feelings regarding a LOT of subjects.  And, like the famed Maxine, my feelings are nearly always correct.  (When I say "nearly always," that is only my being modest as my feelings are always correct.)

One of the subjects on which I have firm feelings is body hair.  Who said that women have to be as smooth as a baby's behind?  At my advanced age, I calculate that I have spent at least forty years shaving some part of my body.  It is not enough now that we shave our legs, our underarms; we are now supposed to shave our nether-regions.  Really?

If we don't want to shave, we can use depilatories or have ourselves waxed.  In particular favor these days is the Brazilian wax.  Though I've never had one, I can only imagine that it starts with some sadistic Brazilian coming at me with strips of hot wax, applying them to places where wax should never be applied, and then peeling them off with a hearty grunt.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Gem for the day:  the next time someone tells you that you have to be as hairless as a hairless cat, grab your Taser and squeeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment